Monday, March 8, 2010

Peanut Patties

Of course I'm home at my apartment currently. I couldn't help but bake! Today though I decided to switch it up! I figured since one of our pups has a wheat allergy I would make doggie treats he could eat!!


Here's my little helper thinking about stealing them before they are baked!





Peanut Butter Patties

1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup applesauce
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup peanut butter (crunchy works great)
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup regular flour
1 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup oats


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix liquid ingredients together well. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and mix thoroughly until smooth. Roll into a ball; place ball on floured surface. Roll out to 1/2" thickness. Cut into desired shapes (bone-shaped cookiecutters work great!). Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 20 minutes; turn off the oven and leave the biscuits in there for one hour to harden.

Funny thing of all. . . The website I found this recipe was called www.thepoop.com

They are currently in the oven baking right now! I will later edit with how many tail wags Barnaby gives them and Goliath!

No comments: