Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Howdy Partners


Happy Hump Day!

So today I'm at the parental units house. My Dad called on Monday night saying that my oldest dog Lacy ( my 10 year old daschund) was hurt. Since she's so old and doesn't like apartment living she lives with my parents and Barnaby live with Kyle and I at the apartment. Lacy has always been my princess and I've always treated her that way. She would ideal love for me to move back home. Yesterday when I arrived at the house she wouldn't mov
e, she just laid on the couch. She doesn't jump or go up and down stairs. (She's currently laying on my lap as I write this) Dad does say that since I've been here she's really spunked up! What can I say... She's a Momma's girl!

My Lacy Girl!


So I was talking to my parents about this new fancy blog I'm doing. (Also remind you that I've always inspired the WHOLE family to start eating healthier) Dad felt I needed to brag on him a little bit. Don't tell him that I said this, but I'm actually pretty darn proud of him. He's pretty much a rockstar! I've told him that I've wanted him to lose weight to prolong his life so that when I decide to have little crum crunchers he can be in the best help to play with them! As of today he's lost 37 pounds, he's doing awesome! Of course I've spread WW knowledge to my Mommy, she cooks Dad healthy meals and BAM off goes the pounds!


Although this picture is 37 pounds heavier then he is. It makes me laugh! Yes my two doggies LOVE their Grandpa!


On a side note, I didn't get around to making my Grandma's Orange cookies yesterday. So today I'm making them!!

Grandma Pape's Orange Cookies

3 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 T milk
1 tsp vanilla

In a large bowl stir together the flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda; set aside. In mixing bowl beat the butter for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and beat until just mixed. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.

Orange Icing:

1/3 cup soft margarine
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 T Orange Juice
1 1/2 T grated orange rinds

Cream margarine and sugar until smooth. Add orange juice and rinds. Beat until smooth. Spread on cookies


Remind you that nothing about these cookies are WW friendly. Just pure amazing! They remind me of my childhood and my Grandma! Ahhh. Once the cookies are finished I will upload a picture!!



No comments: